Thursday, December 21, 2006

Being practical

You Are a Practical Gift Giver

Your gifts are useful, appropriate, and custom tailored to each person.
In your opinion, the best gifts are gifts that someone will actually use.
Your gifts may not be the most glamourous, but they are always appreciated.


Today, I received a bar of dark chocolate from one of my colleagues. It was an appreciated gift. If I have a choice, I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate and white chocolate. The thoughts do count, though I should disclaim that I don't have a weakness for dark chocolates.

If you would like to be practical, here are a few possible simple gift options that you could consider for yours truly:
- ear plugs (because there will be a major renovation at the other end of my workplace coming up pretty soon!),
- drawing pen
- rubber bands

But I shall keep my fingers crossed that I won't end up with a truckload of the above-mentioned items because of this post.

6 comments:

mistipurple said...

i'll get you a pair of musicians' ear filters!!!! they are being shipped in as we speak!! Merry Christmas and a Great Noiseless New Year!

oceanskies79 said...

What is a musicians' ear filters? Could I please pay for it. Thanks.

pinkie said...

rubber bands? wat kind? how do u intend to use the rubber bands?

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Rubber bands to improve the grib on the double bass bow. those normal red colour rubber bands (clean one though) that we usually find.

mistipurple said...

musicians' ear filters do not totally block out sounds. they turn the volume down and musicians use them in concert halls (but classical concerts are alright, unless the person behind you is blasting into your ear!), jam studios, rock concerts, etc.
ear plugs on the other hand, block out everything. so they are not suitable for musicians.

oceanskies79 said...

Misti: I see... but with the constructions going on, it would help to block out the sounds.