Sunday, May 06, 2007

Lunch at Max Brenner with Eastcoastlife

Esplanade Concourse


Here is a post dedicated to fellow blogger, Eastcoastlife.

Today, I have the privilege and pleasure to meet her for lunch. Since Eastcoastlife can't eat chocolate, we decided we could go for a drink of chocolate instead and have lunch at Max Brenner (see review by AsiaOne Wine, Dine & Unwind here) located at Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay.

Both of us each ordered for ourselves a serving of Suckao. Eastcoastlife ordered the milk chocolate version while I ordered the dark chocolate version.



Folks, do you notice that there are bread on the bar table. Eastcoastlife asked about the ciabatta, and the waiter told her some of ways that the ciabatta could be served with. When she asked if she could order the ciabatta instead, she was told that those bread are for display only! I have nothing to say except that Max Brenner is very much a chocolate cafe. If you expect something else other than chocolate, I think it would be a good idea to visit somewhere else.

Anyway, aside from the Suckao, I ordered the Belgian waffle while Eastcoastlife ordered Waffle with Banana split (?).

Our orders

Suckao was probably the most interesting item that caught my attention for the entire meal. Eastcoastlife was very helpful to lend me a hand so that I can take photographs of ways to prepare, savour and drink the Suckao.

The candle-light is burning gently to warm the milk in the Suckao container

Add the chocolate bits as desired.

Stir, and allow the chocolate to melt into the milk.
One thing interesting about the stirrer is that it doubles up as a metal straw such that one can suck the chocolate drink from the other end of the stirrer.


Add more milk if necessary.

The dark chocolate Suckao was interesting and I like the taste of this dark chocolate drink. I would however think that I won't visit Max Brenner unless I have a company. The chocolate there did not seem tempting enough unless I have a company to share the novelty of drinking chocolate with.

If you would like to visit Max Brenner, here are the details:
Max Brenner Chocolate Bar
#01-06/08, 8 Raffles Avenue, Esplanade Mall
Singapore 039802
Tel: 62359556


Eastcoastlife has written about the lunch too: Birthday Treats.

Special thanks to Eastcoastlife for spending time to share some of her life's experiences and latest developments with me over the lunch. It opened my perspectives to things beyond my regular exposure.

Meantime, it was Eastcoastlife's birthday yesterday. Here's wishing her good health, and success in her endeavours.

You can make her day by casting a vote for her for the following award if you think she is deserving of it:

More details can be found here.

6 comments:

Chen said...

Looks yummy.
Happy Belated Birthday, ECL :)

Goldilocks said...

the decor seems to look different now.

oceanskies79 said...

Chen: Thank you for coming by and leaving a comment. Thank you very much for your birthday greetings for ECL.

JY: I am not a regular of Max Brenner, but if you should say so, I shall trust you.

Cool Insider said...

Looks like you gals sure enjoyed yourselves. The chocolate looks absolutely wickedly good! Yummy...

eastcoastlife said...

PY,
This is a great post on our outing! Truly wonderful time we had.

And thanks for finding what my birth date means. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Cool Insider: Yeah. the chocolate taste good at Max Brenner.

Eastcoastlife: Glad that you have enjoyed the time there. Now you can tell your chocolate-crazy fans that you have been to the often crowded Max Brenner. *Winks*