Friday, August 29, 2008

A Back to School test

It is weekend, finally. I have worked pretty hard for the past week and finally it is time to rest and recharge this weekend. I do not need to report for work this weekend so I hope that would give me a chance to catch a good breather.

Today, I took time-off in the afternoon to run some errands and get myself a combination lock etc. I fear to say that I live in a very noisy world. When I stepped in to several shops, I was put off by the distastefully loud music that I walked out of the shops immediately. Perhaps this is why in general, I would prefer to shop in bookshops, music shops and art shops because these places tends to play lovely music that suit my taste. I figured that soon, many retail shops would lose my patronage because of the loud music that they play. Maybe they won't care about losing my patronage. I am just a humble yours truly.

Anyway, I did this back-to-school test. I have enjoyed my double bass lessons so far. On the side, I did not quite enjoy my Social Work classes when I was a student in the university. I looked forward more to orchestra rehearsals and practising at the Centre for the Arts after my Social Work classes. Comparatively, I seem to enjoy working as a social worker than studying as a Social Work student. This kind of experience appears to have made me rather hesitant to pursue further studies in Social Work even though yours truly is someone who generally loves learning.

I am contemplating if it would be feasible to study in music performance, double bass on a full-time basis. Strangely, while playing the double bass is not my profession, I have a stronger motivation to wish to study the double bass than Social Work. It looks like I have to get some excellent practice and rendition on the double bass so as to earn myself some kind of scholarship. Otherwise, it can be quite costly to study music.

After reading my results from the test, it seems like I would need mentors to guide me to "follow a proven path to success". I am a little skeptical if there's indeed "a proven path to success". Anyway, I wonder how to find such mentors. Would anyone want to mentor me? Or rather, the question could be: Would I be alert enough to make use of each learning opportunity when it strikes?




What Your Back to School Personality Says About You



You are a lively, ambitious, and passionate person. You are driven to do well in life and aspire to great things.

You are most likely to succeed if you follow a proven path to success. You don't mind putting in long hours to achieve your goal.

Your greatest skill is making something out of nothing. You don't need much to feel inspired.

Your biggest stumbling block in life is worrying about what other people think of you. Their opinions matter even less than you think.

You're not quite sure what you're thankful for in life, it doesn't seem like there's a lot to be thankful for these days.

2 comments:

goldilocks said...

follow your heart. you'll never know; doors will open.

oceanskies79 said...

JY: Thanks for your encouraging words.