Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 2



For the second part of this series, I shall write about a possibly well-known mashed potato: The whipped potato from KFC.

Possibly, many people would have tried the whipped potato from KFC. This can prove to be a comfort food for many, especially for people who grew up eating KFC during special occasions when they were young. I suppose KFC whipped potato may bring back some childhood memories for some? Thanks to popular culture.

One regular-size KFC whipped potato costs $1.80 at the time of writing.

Personally, I think the potato used for the whipped potato is average. The sauce is rather not too refined, and leaves a rather thick and fairly salty aftertaste, especially when one goes for the medium-sized whipped potato. My suggestion for anyone who wishes to try KFC whipped potato for the nice childhood memories it may bring: Just go for the regular whipped potato, and no more.

Having said so much, I think KFC is still one good place to get good-enough mashed potato. Furthermore, it is fairly easy to locate KFC outlets in Singapore. I will go for KFC whipped potato just to trigger the fond memories that I have of having eaten at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Ang Mo Kio Central that used to serve food the sit-down restaurant style, when I was a young child. Some years after that, that KFC outlet became a fast-food restaurant and then I begin to lose interest in KFC.

Anyway, may the KFC whipped potato bring you some fond memories.

Where to find KFC outlets in Singapore:
Visit: http://www.kfc.com.sg/

3 comments:

Doreen said...

Yeah, I too think they're average only.

singaporeshortstories.blogspot.com said...

I love KFC chicken and mashed potato but last time the flavour is much much fragant and nice, nowadays not much fragance already even for the original recipe.

mistipurple said...

i think the mashed potato is still nice, but not the chicken. they've gone so down in standard i think it's awful.