Friday, November 28, 2008

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 5



This mashed potato salad ham is from the Western Chow stall located at Blk 19 Ghim Moh Road, #01-229, Singapore 270019, (KOPITIAM) near Ulu Pandan CC. This dish is served cold.

It contains chunks of cucumber, onions, ham. The mashed potato is pretty smooth. I like the nice and cheerful looking presentation of this dish. The mashed potato has a fairly creamy taste, and an onion taste that's easily detected. Each set costs $2.50. Western Chow prides this dish as one of its "Must-Try item".



Website of Western Chow: http://www.westernchow.com

Update (21 May 2009): Please take note that Western Chow no longer operates a Ghim Moh Branch. Please visit its website for the updated locations of its outlets.

4 comments:

Lam Chun See said...

Judging from your posts you are quite a food lover. Yet you have managed to remain slim and trim. Your friends must envy you.

oceanskies79 said...

Chun See: Good morning! Actually, I am quite picky about food. However, I don't really go around hunting for good food.

However, if I happen to have eaten delicious food, I would try to blog it down to preserve the good memories, especially if I was eating good food with friends.

This series of posts is a dedication to a friend, so well, I have made a special effort to search for delicious mashed potato.

Thanks for your compliments about me being slim and trim. I think it was due to me eating more vegetables, and avoiding red meat and seafood.

EastCoastLife said...

Cute. When did you become a food blogger? hehe....

I thought you have the best mashed potato just below your place? I read about it in the papers.... was going to find time to try it. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: This series of post is a dedication to a friend. Oh my goodness, I had overlooked that there's a stall that sells mashed potato just very near where I live. I had always thought it sells hot dogs only.

Thanks for pointing out to me. :)