Monday, December 15, 2008

Birthday celebration for Carcar at Paulaner Bräuhaus



Yesterday, I met Carcar for a post-birthday celebration. It was her birthday slightly less than two weeks ago. Here is to wish Carcar good dreams come true!

We had the celebration at Paulaner Bräuhaus, and were enjoying its popular Sunday German Brunch. I shall dedicate this entire post to Carcar, and hope that this would bring her lots of care and delight.

My hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore was on my mind when we started the buffet brunch. I helped myself to servings of the mashed potato from Paulaner Bräuhaus. Carcar generously shared with me her feedback about the mashed potato. I think the mashed potato from Paulaner Bräuhaus is good. It is worth a good try.

There were a lot of guests at the Sunday German Brunch when we were there. As such, if anyone of you would like to check out this Sunday German Brunch, please remember to make reservations early, especially during the festive season.

I particularly love the may-pole that is found in the restaurant. I love the tall ceilings too. Overall, the staff from Paulaner Bräuhaus have been very helpful and friendly. I thank them for their generally good service.

During the brunch with Carcar, I marvelled at how she seems to have a natural flair for taking nice and delicious-looking photos of food. The photos that I had taken of the food simply look mediocre in comparison. I would probably have to find ways to improve the way that I take photographs of food.


My humble attempt to capture part of what I was eating, on digital film.


Carcar conversed quite a bit with each other over brunch. I was pleasantly surprised by the range of topics that we had discussed and the depth of those topics. Afterall, I had just barely known Carcar for about two years.

Whatever it is, I have enjoyed her company and the insights that she has lent me over the brunch. Many thanks to her for her kindness and offer to help lend a second opinion on a matter should I need it. In addition, I would like to thank her for her heartwarming thoughts of getting me a Christmas gift. The thoughts count more than the gift itself.


Gift from Carcar.


Once again, here's wishing Carcar "Wishes come true".


***
Paulaner Bräuhaus Singapore
9 Raffles Boulevard,
Time² @ Millenia Walk,
Singapore 039596
Tel: 6883 2572

6 comments:

Doreen said...

It is always nice to catch up with friend over some yummy food. Happy belated birthday carcar.

mistipurple said...

i saw carcar weeks back when she dropped by the restaurant near my place. she looks fabulous.
happy belated again, carcar.

mistipurple said...

and .. thanks for being a wonderful friend. *wink*

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: Thank you for joining me to wish Carcar a Happy Birthday. L. :)

Misti: Yes, she looks fabulous. Thanks for joining me to send her good wishes.

...and..My pleasure. You have been a wonderful friend too. :)

EastCoastLife said...

Happy birthday carcar!
I have yet to try the buffet at Paulaner Brauhaus but it seems the spread is delicious by your description.

oceanskies79 said...

eastcoastlife: Thank you for your wishes to Carcar.

Do check it out, and remember to make reservations.