Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 8



I continue with my hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore so that each post that I write serves as a blessing of good-will to the friend of mine to which the series is dedicated to.

In this part of the series, I would like to share about the mashed potato from Secret Recipe. I tried it on 30 Nov 2008.

The mashed potato from Secret Recipe has a nice presentation. I can say that Secret Recipe offers the best presentation for mashed potato that I have came across by far.

The sauce, which I believe is mushroom sauce, is a little salty for my taste. The mashed potato from Secret Recipe is $1 each (before GST and service charge), and I deemed it as the value-for-money mashed potato that I have tasted by far. Light-eaters and ladies craving for mashed potato but do not want to eat too much potato will love the mashed potato from Secret Recipe. Furthermore, the nice presentation makes this mashed potato an eye-candy.

The mashed potato has a sticky and fairly substantial texture. The sauce is not overpowering and to some extent, helps to enhance the flavour of the potato. For those who finds the sauce too salty, I think it's lovely to order the bun ($0.50 each before GST and service charge) to go along with the mashed potato.

The bun has a mildly sweet taste and completes the sampling. The service here is good, and the fact that one of the staff asked for my honest feedback of the mashed potato makes me willing to return to Secret Recipe some time later to try this dish again.

**
Where to find Secret Recipe outlets in Singapore:
http://www.secretrecipe.com.sg/contactus.asp

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Yes, the presentation is definitely a winner. I have not try their mashed potato but their cakes are definitely to die for.

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: Yes their cakes are good. :)