Sunday, December 21, 2008

Week 51 of year 2008 on the double bass

The 51th week of year 2008 has be officially declared as a week of break. Anyway, if my urge to play on the double bass does come, I shall not refuse to do so.

14 Dec 2008, Sun: I practised a couple of studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. The goal was sight-read the studies, and improve my sight-reading skills.

16 Dec 2008, Tue: I practised Faure's Apres Un Reve and after which, I practised selected passages from the second and fourth movement of Marcello's Sonata in G major.

17 Dec 2008, Wed: There was orchestra rehearsal. It was the first rehearsal after a long break. We rehearsed Smetana's The Moldau and the first movement from Schumann's First Symphony. More practice would be needed.

I hope that the short break from the double bass would do me good in some ways.

No comments: