Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 16



My search for the best mashed potato in Singapore continues. May each post be an expression of my friendship to the friend of mine whom this entire series is dedicated to. I wish for my friend, acceptance. My friend has been an inspiring person, and may people appreciate my friend's worth and contributions to this world.

**
On 18 Dec 2008 (Thu) evening, I met up with one of my good friends, I**, and we had dinner at Ragazzi the Italian Kitchen. (This series of mashed-potato posts is however, not dedicated to I**.)

The Address: Blk 10 Ghim Moh Road, Fu Chan Food Paradise, Singapore 270010.

I ordered a quarter chicken (I can't remember the name of the dish) and this dish came with mashed potato as the side dish. I was rather focused in my discussion with my accompanying friend, that I didn't spend much attention on reviewing the mashed potato.

Nevertheless, on the whole, it has a creamy and smooth texture. The taste was just right and not too salty. I find that the gravy was also to my liking, and was not too thick nor too salty. The quarter chicken dish with side salad and mashed potato costs $7. I may not go back here for the mashed potato since Ragazzi the Italian Kitchen does not sell mashed potato on its own.

However, I would go back to eat at Ragazzi the Italian Kitchen if I were at Ghim Moh area and am in the mood to enjoy cheap and reasonably good Italian food. The Zuppa alla Funghi (mushroom soup) there is value-for-money. For just $3, one could have a mushroom soup made from grounded mushrooms and onions. Yummy. I will just go back for the soup since I am nowadays not into eating pasta and red meat.

My thanks to I** for her lovely company over dinner at Ragazzi the Italian Kitchen.

2 comments:

Doreen said...

That's quite cheap for $3 soup. Any reason why you don't eat pasta? Or you just don't like them?

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: Supposedly, people like myself with blood type A plus and minus should avoid pasta. Actually, I should also cut down on my intake of potatoes.

Refer Blood Type A Diet