Monday, January 19, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 17



Does anyone know where else I could find delicious mashed potato in Singapore?

My hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore would benefit from some leads that would point me to good-tasting mashed potato.

On 25 Dec 2008, I tried the mashed potato from "My Dad's Kitchen". This stall is a Western food stall that operates in the coffeeshop at Blk 727 Ang Mo Kio Central.

For yours truly who simply wants to sample the mashed potato and not to have her fill, the serving of this mashed potato is just right. For $1.00 only, I could have a small bowl of mashed potato from "My Dad's Kitchen". This is possibly by far the place that I know of where one can purchase a humble serving of mashed potato at the lowest price.

The mashed potato has a generally soft and smooth texture. The brown sauce is acceptable when one takes it with the mashed potato. It is just that after trying out so many types mashed potato from various food establishment, I have found the mashed potato here average.

The good news for "My Dad's Kitchen" is that the mashed potato here is better AND cheaper than the mashed potato from Kenny Rogers. Heartlanders who are deciding between ""My Dad's Kitchen" and "Kenny Rogers" to get their mashed-potato fix will have an easy choice to make.

**
With this post, I wish my friend whom I dedicated this series of posts to, hope.

No comments: