Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 22



Admittedly, I am running out of leads as to where to find good mashed potato in Singapore. Does anyone have any more lead for me? Meantime, I am thankful that I have tasted one of what I consider as the best mashed potato (though I am biased) at my maternal grandmother's home.

Anyway, my hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore got me to visit Madam Lin's Restaurant Asian Street Food.

Address: Singapore Flyer.
30 Raffles Avenue
Level 1, #01-12,
Tel: 6337 7550.

On 17 Jan 2009, I visited the Singapore Flyer to satisfy my craving for Popeye's buttermilk biscuits. Prior to that, I stopped by Madam Lin's Restaurant Asian Street Food to check out the mashed potato. I knew that it served mashed potato, and when I found out that it was not serving mashed potato from dispensing machine, I happily ordered a serving for myself. Each serving costs $2.50.

The mashed potato is rather dry, but it has a homely and earthy taste. The sauce is contained in a plastic disposable container, and this meant that the consumer can decide how much sauce to add to the mashed potato. This is a good idea. The sauce has a nice herb fragrance, and it seemed like the sauce has some kind of tomato base. Just beware, the sauce left a salty aftertaste.

***

This post asks for goodwill to be with my friend whom this series of posts is dedicated to.

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

There's Popeyes at Singapore Flyer? I go to the one at Changi Airport. You go all over Singapore to look for mashed potato?

I'm just contented with KFC. :D

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: Yes dear. There's Popeyes at Singapore Flyer! Yeah! It's on the ground floor. I have a post on Popeye's mashed potato in the archives of this blog.

Yes....this series is titled the hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, so I will travel to look for good mashed potato. Not that I love mashed potato, but each attempt to find the best mashed potato is my humble way to earn blessings for my friend who likes mashed potato.