Sunday, January 04, 2009

Week 01 of year 2009 on the double bass

As 1 Jan 2009 falls on this week, I shall consider this week as the first week of year 2009.

28 Dec 2008, Sun: It was orchestra rehearsal day. I am starting to love Schumann's music. There is a sense of enthuasiasm in his music. During the rehearsal, we played the first, third and fourth movements of Schumann's First Symphony. I need more practice. Sight-reading this symphony will not be the answer.

We also rehearsed Smetana's The Moldau.

29 Dec 2008, Mon: I practised selected passages from the first, third and fourth movements of Schumann's First Symphony. The lovely part about playing the double bass is that it lends me comfort and relief.

31 Dec 2008, Wed: I practised Faure's Apres Un Reve. Afterwhich, I did a quick study of Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. More practice!

1 Jan 2009, Thu: It's New Year's Day! Late at night at about 11.15 p.m. I started practising Pachelbel's Canon, arrange for the double bass quartet. I put on the practising mute on my dear double bass of course. More practice is needed. This is a rather challenging piece to play for me.

No comments: