Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 02 of year 2009 on the double bass

My ''husband'', a double bass.


4 Jan 2009, Sun: It was orchestra rehearsal day. The orchestra rehearsed the second and last movements of Schumann's First Symphony and Smetana's The Moldau.

7 Jan 2009, Wed: It was yet another orchestra rehearsal day. The orchestra rehearsed the first movement of Schumann's First Symphony and Smetana's The Moldau. I am starting to love music composed by Schumann.

8 Jan 2009, Thu: It was my first double bass lesson for the year. My tutor worked through Faure's Apres Un Reve and Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro with me. I learnt how the use of the change of bow-speed could help vary the colour and quality of the sound produced on the double bass.

10 Jan 2009, Sat: I spent some time practising a selected section of Pachelbel's Canon in D arranged by David Heyes for the double bass. More practice would be ended to achieve fluency in my playing. Afterwhich, I pleased myself when I managed to play the entire Faure's Apres Un Reve from memory without having to look at the scores.

***

I have missed the application date for the DipABRSM exams that are conducted from April to May 2009. It looks like the earliest that I could sit for the ABRSM diploma exams would be from July to September 2009 this year. I will have to start looking for a piano accompanist to accompany me for the exams. I ask for good luck that I could find someone suitable. Wish me luck please!

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

good luck PY. i am sure you will find a good accompanist for your exam.

EastCoastLife said...

Hope you are practising hard for my private performance. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Misti: Thank you for your wishes.

Eastcoastlife: I have been, since the last time I had played for you. But the thing is that I practise the pieces that I like....