Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 19



The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore led me to choose to order one of the main dishes that was served with mashed potato when I met up with Shar and HY on New Year's Eve at The Mussels Guys Seafood & Steak Restaurant.

That day, I ordered a main dish, the Grilled Norwegian Salmon, that was served with mashed potato. The mashed potato has a generally soft and smooth texture. It was so fine in its texture that I wondered if it was made from potato flakes mixed with water. The taste was plain, and I suggest that one should eat the mashed potato with the seasoned vegetables for taste.

For $21.90 (before GST and service charge) for a Grilled Norwegian Salmon that is served with mashed potato and seasoned vegetables, I will not attempt to order any of the main dish that is served with mashed potato from "The Mussels Guys Seafood & Steak Restaurant" again. Firstly, the mashed potato was simply average, or slightly below average for me to be willing to pay that sum of money to eat the mashed potato. Furthermore, mashed potato is not sold on its own at this restaurant. I was not too impressed by the Norwegian Salmon either. Maybe I had too high an expectation?

Anyway, on the positive side, the Grilled Norwegian Salmon looked pretty nice on photographs. I shall consider it a photogenic dish.

Whatever it is, with this post, I wish my friend, whom I dedicate this series of posts to, a disciplined and focused mind to work towards making dreams come true.

***
The Mussel Guys Seafood and Steak Restaurant
1 Harbourfront Walk
02 - 123 VivoCity
Singapore 098585
Tel : (+65) 68201800
Fax : (+65) 68201805

2 comments:

pinkie said...

I think u have eaten from many places to know what's good and what's not... I prob won't be able to tell much difference...

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Actually, the trick is simple, just look for the mashed potato that was cooked and prepared with a heart. The taste-buds can tell. :)