Wednesday, February 03, 2010

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 69





I was back at Chili's Restaurant again on 1 Nov 2009. This time, I tried its Mashed Potatoes with Black Pepper Gravy. This is worth going back for. The dish costs $5.90 before taxes. I ordered a take-away version of it. It looks interesting with its cream-colour sauce with a pepper-looking spicy spice.

The mashed potato itself tasted good. Real, tasty potatoes are the essential ingredients for good mashed potatoes dishes. One can find bits of potato skins in the mashed potato from Chili's. I like the chunky yet somewhat creamy texture of this mashed potato.

The sauce that went with the mashed potato isn't the usual brown sauce that would be used. Instead, the sauce which is cream in colour tasted a bit like a thick version of mushroom and chicken soup. I like the spicy spices that were sprinkled on the sauce. The spices got my tastebuds stimulated. The only thing I could not figure out was that the gravy did not seem as if it contains black pepper.

Chili's is one place where one could try two different types of mashed potato.

May this quest for the best mashed potato in Singapore bring to my friend loving blessings.

***

Chili's
#02-23 Tanglin Mall, 163 Tanglin Road
Singapore 247933
http://chilis.sg

4 comments:

kyh said...

Wow... Didn't know that Chili's has got this! Might look out for it someday. ;)

EastCoastLife said...

I tried Chilli's in Malaysia, haven't gone to the one in Singapore yet. Let's try it.

pinkie said...

the spicy spices look interesting.

oceanskies79 said...

kyh: Do check out....Eastcoastlife says that there's Chili's in Malaysia. Are there any in your area?

Eastcoastlife: Yes. How are you? Hey, I realised that there's many things we have said we wanted to check out together and haven't. Anyway, what matters is that you are happy and in good health. :)

Pinkie: Yes, it is. It's not the usual pepper that we find in the common dishes.