Thursday, February 12, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 20



On 10 Jan 2009, I went for the Original Singapore Walk's "Of Dali, Barley and Hadhramis™: A Clarke Quay Eccentric Pub Walk" tour. The last stop was at Brewerkz. When I realised that this place sells mashed potato, I ordered one serving of Brewerkz's White Cheddar Mashed Potato for myself. Each serving would cost $7.99 before GST and taxes.

This White Cheddar Mashed Potato from Brewerkz contains the skin of the potato and has a fairly earthly feel and taste to it. Generally, the mashed potato is creamy and smooth. The taste is pretty right, not too salty. I felt it was a little dry however. I wonder if it was because of the Fruitbrewz (Fruit beer) that I had while I was eating it.



On the whole, it is an above-average potato and palatable to eat. It is certainly way better than the mashed potato from Kenny Rogers, The Mussles Guys and Chippy British Take Away.

I will order the mashed potato from Brewerkz for my friend whom I dedicate this series of mashed-potato-hunting-posts to if I visit Brewerkz with this very friend. However, I do not consider Brewerkz's White Cheddar Mashed Potato as the best mashed potato in Singapore, so I may not go to Brewerkz specifically to eat its mashed potato.

Whatever it is, with this post, I wish for my friend, hope.

***
Where to find Brewerkz outlets in Singapore:

Brewerkz Riverside Point
30 Merchant Road #01-05/06 Riverside Point
Singapore 058282
Tel: (65) 6438 7438

Brewerkz Indoor Stadium
2 Stadium Walk #01-06/07/K1
Singapore Indoor Stadium
Singapore 397691
Tel: (65) 6345 9905

Brewerkz Bukit Timah
903 Bukit Timah Road
Singapore 589620
Tel: (65) 6464 8155

Website: http://www.brewerkz.com.sg

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

That's expensive for mashed potato.
I had one lovely mashed potato in a French restaurant in Chjimes. It was a side dish.

oceanskies79 said...

EastCoastLife: Thanks for the pointers, I am running out of places to visit for this mashed potato hunt, and I appreciate your pointers.

Hmmmm.....I haven't eaten at CHIJMES for ages. Which restaurant is that?