Thursday, February 19, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 21



In this post, I shall attempt to share how the best mashed potato in Singapore is being made. Readers who have been reading this series of posts titled The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore would have realised that in my most biased opinion, the best mashed potato in Singapore is made by my dear maternal grandmother.

Here are the steps that my dear grandmother uses to make what I regard as the best mashed potato in Singapore. Anything that is made with care and love will taste wonderfully delicious.

The simple way to mash the potato.


My grandmother adds evaporated milk and margarine to the mashed potato.



Stir. My grandmother told me that the trick is to stir in the ingredients over a slow, small flame.

Just before serving.


There's an online mashed potato recipe here for those who would like one to refer to: http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/mashed.htm

With this post, I wish the friend whom I dedicate this series of posts to, kind and sincere people who love and cherish her.

4 comments:

Doreen said...

Oh I should try it one day. Thanks for sharing. Have you tried making it yourself?

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: I have yet to. Will attempt to do so one day. At least for the friend whom I have written and dedicated this entire series of mashed potato to. :)

EastCoastLife said...

I want to try your grandma's mashed potato! It looks easy to make.

oceanskies79 said...

EastCoastLife: Err...you could make mashed potato by yourself, and I can come over and sample?