Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 26



Admittedly, I am running out of leads for good mashed potato in Singapore that I can review. Anyway, I realised that mashed potato are used as a topping for shepherd pie, and so I decided to think-out-of-the-box, and reviewed the mashed potato toppping on a shepherd pie. This is only a temporary measure, and I am unlikely to attempt so again.

The Shepherd Pie that you see in the photo is from Secret Recipe. Each is sold for $4.90. I got this from the Plaza Singapura branch. The mashed potato was awfully dry, and did not have the earthy potato taste that I would like. This was strange because when I last visited the Secret Recipe's branch at Marina Square, the mashed potato itself was worth commending. It was strange that the mashed potato on the shepherd pie did not meet up to expectations. Perhaps it was because I was at the branch pretty late at night, and the mashed potato had dried up by the end of the day?

I have learnt from my mistake in my attempt to review the mashed potato of a shepherd pie. Mashed potato on a shepherd pie are part of the pie, and should not be reviewed as a mashed potato dish.

With this post, I wish for my friend whom this series of posts is dedicated to, a refreshing day!

5 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

Amusing read. Mashed potato on a pie.

Would you consider DIY mashed potato? NTUC sells convenient packets of powdered mashed potato which I sometimes buy to satisfy my craving on late nights.

EastCoastLife said...

I'll not go to Ang Mo Kio Hub tonight. Too far. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoatslife: I may consider reviewing the DIY mashed potato, though this is lower on my priority. It just doesn't make economic sense for me to buy one large set of mashed potato so that I can review how one packet of DIY mashed potato would taste.....

Doreen said...

May be because it is a potato topped pie so taste a bit different? I remember almost all the potato topped pies I tried here, their mashed potato on top tasted different.

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: I was more interested in reviewing the mashed potato on the pie than to eat the pie. Haha, I too much about mashed potato, did I?