Sunday, February 08, 2009

Week 06 of year 2009 on the double bass

1 Feb 2009, Sun: It is orchestra rehearsal day. With the concert date nearing, there will be additional rehearsals on most Sunday afternoons. Prior to the rehearsal, I took time to play through Faure's Apres Un Reve. Afterwhich, during the strings sectional and the orchestra rehearsal, we rehearsed the third and fourth movements of Schumann's First Symphony. I need more practice for the fourth movement.

4 Feb 2009, Wed: There was orchestra rehearsal again. We rehearsed Emily's About E.C.O and the first movement of Schumann's First Symphony. Admittedly, of all the four movements of Schumann's First Symphony, I like the first movement the most. There is a strong sense of enthuasiasm that can be felt when one plays the first movement.

5 Feb 2009, Thu: During double bass lesson, I worked on sight-reading. More improvement is needed. Afterwhich, I took time to practise Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro.

I am thinking if I need respite or a sabbatical from my day job so that I have time to practise, and more importantly, spend time on things that matter more to me.

6 Feb 2009, Fri: I took leave from work. In the morning, I worked on the first page of Emily Koh's About E.C.O.

Afterwhich, I spent some time practising the last section from the fourth movement of Schumann's Fourth Symphony.

***
The registration for DipABRSM for applicants who wish to sit for the exams from July to September this year will start from 9 Feb 2009 to 27 Feb 2009. I would have to seriously give this a consideration.

***
Note: I am in such a need for a good physical rest this week that I shall declare Week 7 of year 2009 to be a break from my usual practising routine of at least four times per week. I may just end up playing on fewer days, i.e. during orchestra rehearsal and double bass lesson.

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

i hope you will register, and i wish you good luck in advance!
go for it! nothing to lose. plenty to gain. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Mistipurple: Thank you for your wishes.

I need to find a piano accompanist whom I would feel comfortable playing with first.