Monday, February 16, 2009

Week 07 of year 2009 on the double bass

The 7th week of year 2009 was declared as a week of break from attempting to achieve my regular target of practising four days per week. Anyway, I did practise a bit and ended up practising four days per week anyway.

9 Feb 2009, Mon: I did not expect myself to practise, but I did. I was given medical leave for the day, and after much rest, I needed some practising to while my time productively. I worked through selected passages from Schumann's First Symphony and Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro.

11 Feb 2009, Wed: During the strings sectional and the orchestra rehearsal, we rehearsed Emily's About E.C.O, Smetana's The Moldau, and the fourth movement from Schumann's First Symphony. I am beginning to love Schumann's First Symphony.

12 Feb 2009, Thu: During the double bass lesson, my tutor gave me pointers on how to approach the playing of the trills found in the first movement of Vivaldi's Winter. I was told that it would be easier to achieve the desired sounds by playing near the bridge (sul ponticello).

Afterwhich, time was spent working on Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. Frankly speaking, it is one of the most challenging works for me to work on in my programme for the DipABRSM.

14 Feb 2009, Fri: I spent some time practising Vivaldi's Autumn. The rest of the time was spent practising and memorising a particular passage from the fourth movement of Schumann's First Symphony.

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

You're not feeling well? Take care, the weather is so hot these days. easy to get sick. Drink lots of water.

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: Thank you for your care and concern. I appreciate your kindness.