Sunday, February 22, 2009

Week 08 of year 2009 on the double bass

15 Feb 2009, Sun: During orchestra rehearsal, the orchestra rehearsed "Autumn" of Vivaldi's Four Season. I look forward to play it during the upcoming concert.

16 Feb 2009, Mon: In the night, after a long hours of work, I practised Faure's Apres un Reve.

18 Feb 2009, Wed: For the orchestra rehearsal, we rehearsed Emily's About E.C.O and the first movement of Schumann's First Symphony. I love the latter.

19 Feb 2009, Thu: I wonder if it had been a good idea that I played through Faure's Apres un Reve, Marcello's Sonata in G major and Keyper's Romance and Rondo during my double bass lesson. Afterwhich, I was left to the mercy of my tutor's critique. I need to have more steady tempo, more precision in rhythms, more contrast in the dynamics, clearer articulation of the phrasing and more.

20 Feb 2009, Fri: Excited to try on the new hubby, I practised the second movement of Dittersdorf's Second Double Bass Concerto and a segment from the first movement of Dragonetti's Concerto in A major. I love the rich sound of the new double bass and the comparatively greater ease of playing on it.

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

You change your hubby! :D

Wow! I got to listen to it.

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: You are sharp. If the chance comes. It needs quite a bit of rework for now, and I am waiting for the parts to arrive.