Thursday, March 05, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 23


People have asked me how long I intend to write this series of post on my hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore. The answer is simple, as long as I find new places that offer mashed potato.

Quite a while ago, I visited Nan Tai Eating House at Blk 262 Waterloo Street, and I realised that a Western stall, Faz's Grill, sells mashed potato so I ordered a serving of it for myself. For $1, I got myself a serving of mashed potato from Faz's Grill. By the way, Faz's Grill is a halal-certified Western stall.

The mashed potato has a chunky texture and a homely taste. It was unpretentious. The sauce is plainly nice and not salty. It did not even leave a salty aftertaste. Overall, the mashed potato from Faz' Grill appeals to me more than the mashed potato from many places. It is definitely better than the mashed potato from the following places: Kenny Rogers, Chippy British Take Away, and My Dad's Kitchen.

For $1, this is the most value-for-money mashed potato I have found so far.

With this post, I wish my friend whom I dedicated this entire series of post to, prudence and the joy of simplicity.

***
Update on 12 Jul 2009: I passed by the coffee-shop on 11 Jul 2009 and noticed that Faz' Grill is no longer in operation at Blk 262 Waterloo Street.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

simple and nice and non pretentious. that makes the richer cousins pale in comparison.

the word verification happens to be 'prewar'. i was thinking, all things in the past are also simple and nice and non pretentious, ie. most of them generally speaking.