Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 24



I have been on the mission to hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore. Every attempt to review a serving of mashed potato is an avenue for me to send my best wishes to a friend of mine to whom this series of posts is dedicated to.

In the photo above is the mashed potato from Hog's Breath Cafe located in CHIJMES, Singapore. I was given leads by a few people that the mashed potato from Hog's Breath Cafe was worth a try.

The mashed potato's lightly buttered. It has an earthy, homely and unpretentious taste. In fact, it reminded me of my grandmother's mashed potato in some ways. The mashed potato is nicely patterned and has a welcoming look.

The serving is large enough for two person. I was feeling pretty full after finishing it. While I was eating it, though it was creamy, it did not give a heavy after-taste.

Service there was delightful. Aside from being served water, the best part was that even though the menu did not indicate that mashed potato was sold on its own, the staff gladly offered to allow me to just order one serving of mashed potato. I would have considered eating the steak if not for the fact that I have been consciously avoiding red meat.

Meantime, each serving of mashed potato from Hog's Breath Cafe is $4.65 with GST and service charge.

With this post, I wish my friend, delight!

***

Where to find Hog's Breath Cafe in Singapore:

http://www.hogsbreath.com.sg


HOG’S BREATH CAFE CHIJMES
Address:
Chijmes, 30 Victoria Street, Block A, #01-26/27, Singapore 187996
Tel: (65) 6338 1387
Fax: (65) 6338 6216

HOG’S BREATH CAFE HOLLAND VILLAGE
Address:
267 Holland Avenue, Singapore 278989
Tel: (65) 6466-0145
Fax: (65) 6469-3263

HOG’S BREATH CAFE VIVOCITY
Address:
1 HarbourFront Walk #03-07A VivoCity Singapore 098585
Tel: (65) 6376 8378
Fax: (65) 6376 8372

5 comments:

Doreen said...

How come Hog's Breath here doesn't have beautiful mashed potato like this one? Not fair!

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: I wonder if it is because I had ordered the mashed potato individually, and not with a set meal?

pinkie said...

The mashed potato dun have the usual 'mashed' look... it actually looks pretty and presentable.

EastCoastLife said...

They did a special request and make it looked so pretty.

I have yet to try the food here.

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Yes, it looks very pretty.

Eastcoastlife: Yes. This is great service!
Do you know of anywhere in CHIJMES that sell good mashed potato? I am still hunting for the best mashed potato in Singapore.