Sunday, March 08, 2009

Week 10 of year 2009 on the double bass

1 Mar 2009, Sun: During the orchestra rehearsal, we rehearsed Emily's About E.C.O. I am growing to like it more, particularly now that I have somewhat managed to play the first page with greater mastery. Afterwhich, we rehearsed the entire Schumann's First Symphony.

4 Mar 2009, Wed: During the orchestra rehearsal, we rehearsed Emily's About E.C.O and Schumann's First Symphony. Sometimes I could experience the simplicity in Schumann's music. Perhaps life is about learning what is truly important and then savour the simplicity of a joyful life?

5 Mar 2009, Thu: It was double bass lesson day. It was encouraging to hear from my tutor that my vibrato technique has improved. Yeah.

For the lesson, I worked on the first movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major. It is quite an interesting concerto to play. I still need more work to play it in Classical style.

7 Mar 2009, Sat: I spent time working on the first movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major. There were times when I wish I could have more time to practise. Afterwhich, I played through the second and the third movements. The new hubby is lovable to play on.

No comments: