Thursday, April 02, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 27


On 1 Mar 2009, I walked into Border's Bistro because I had wanted to continue with my search for the best mashed potato in Singapore, and Border's Bistro sells mashed potato.

The mashed potato from Border's Bistro proved to be quite a good choice. The homemade mashed potato from Border's Bistro costs $5 before tax and service charge.

Interestingly, I was served free bread and butter with the mashed potato, and I was told that all customers were given the bread and butter as appetisers! The mashed potato comes with brown sauce. Initially, I was worried that the brown sauce would be salty. Delightfully, I realised that it has a gentle, pleasant flavour and it surprised me with its non-salty taste.

It was very thoughtful of the waiter to turn to the page of the menu with the mashed potato when I was seated after he realised that I had walked into the restaurant all because I had wanted mashed potato. The environment is cosy.

The mashed potato tasted as if it was made with care. The texture was good. Anything, in my theory, that is made with care, is great even if it may not be the very best of the best.

I wish I have had better photography skills to bring out the best in the mashed potato from Border's Bistro.

***
With this post, I wish for good luck to be with my friend, to whom this series of posts is dedicated to.

3 comments:

pinkie said...

wow, looks like this is one of the rare places to get good mashed potatoes? I've been there before but never tried it. Maybe next time ya... thanks for sharing! :)

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: It was a pretty good place for good mashed potato, at least when I was there during my last visit.

EastCoastLife said...

That's a lot of brown sauce for the mashed potato. It's nice of them to give bread and butter, even though you order only mashed potato. :)