Thursday, April 23, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 30



In my attempt to search for the best mashed potato in Singapore, I encountered the mashed potato from Gourmet Martz Western Food. From the May Hua Food Court along Market Street.

I realised that this stall serves mashed potato as one of its side dishes and I ordered the GM chicken and sausage stew that cost $6.30. This stew comes with a choice of three side-dishes, and one of my choices was clearly mashed potato. I also asked for Romanian lettuce and raisin rice. The stew was pretty good.

The mashed potato was fairly smooth. The brown sauce is not salty, and has a beefy taste possibly because beef stock was used. The brown sauce was gentle yet pleasant. If one just wants mashed potato, it will be served at $2 per serving. I won't mind eating the mashed potato there again though I won't make a special trip to the stall just to have its mashed potato.

With this post, I wish for my friend whom this series of posts is dedicated to: Personal growth.

2 comments:

kyh said...

Lovely! :)

I'm pretty sure you have covered almost all of those restaurants which serve mashed potato in Sg.

oceanskies79 said...

kyh: If I could get more leads, I hope to cover more mashed potato.