Thursday, April 30, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 31



In this post, I shall feature Arnold's Fried Chicken's mashed potato.

On 29 Mar 2009, I ordered a two-pc meal set with fries and coleslaw. I asked for the fries to be changed to mashed potato. The two-pc set costs $6.10 each. The mashed potato costs $2 per serving if ordered on its own.

Probably, chicken stock was used as the base for the brown sauce. The brown sauce was not salty and had a rich flavour. The mashed potato was simple. It was plain ordinary and did not particularly bring delight to my taste buds. I won't boycott the mashed potato from here but neither would I travel all the way just to eat it in the future. It was acceptable yet average. Nevertheless, I could at least say the mashed potato did complement the rest of the items in the meal set.

That reminds me that I would appreciate if I could have new leads for the best mashed potato in Singapore please.

**
With this post, I wish my friend whom this series of posts is dedicated to simple pleasures.

**
Where to find Arnold's Fried Chicken in Singapore:

City Plaza
810 Geylang Rd #02-99/101
Singapore 409286

Arnolds Express
94 Pasir Ris Central
Singapore 519637

http://www.arnoldsfriedchicken.com/


3 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

Have you tried Popeyes' Fried Chicken. They have mashed potato too. I like it.

It's found at Changi Airport and Singapore Flyer.

oceanskies79 said...

eastcoastlife: Yes, I did. Popeye's mashed potato was featured in my very first post of this series. :)

kyh said...

That does resemble the meal at KFC! :P