Thursday, May 07, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 32



Aerin's mashed potato:

On 6 Apr 2009, my friend, Mystic, accompanied me to Aerin's to specifically sample the mashed potato. I thank Mystic for being so obliging to my spontaneous request.

The mashed potato from Aerin's was $5 per plate before GST and tax. The mashed potato had a textured feel to it. It was described by Mystic as "wholesome and chunky". It was lightly flavoured with fragrant oil. While the mashed potato did not come with garlic bread, it was quite a good idea to eat it with garlic bread. The garlic bread complemented the mashed potato.



The mashed potato must have been made from scratch after it was ordered. Mystic and I waited close to 20 minutes for the mashed potato. I wonder if Aerin's had realised that I was trying to sample the quality of its mashed potato and therefore was willing to take pains and time to make a fabulous dish of mashed potato for me? Anyway, the wait was not in vain.

The mashed potato used was of good quality. For my personal taste, it would be good if slightly less oil was used. I generally prefer food that is not too moist. Then again, the humble dash of oil did help make the potato not too dry.

I would recommend Aerin's mashed potato to anyone who likes their mashed potato to be textured, chunky and slightly moist.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts was dedicated to, lots of blessings and pleasant delights.

Aerin's
http://www.aerins.com.sg
252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre
B11/12
Singapore 173103
Tel: 63372231
Opening hours: 11.300 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. daily.

No comments: