Friday, June 26, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 39



The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore continues. With the posts come good wishes to one of my friends to whom the posts are dedicated to.

On 10 May 2009, I chanced upon Lava Rock Grill House. This is a stall located in a local coffeeshop. I noticed that it sells mashed potato salad as well as mashed potato. I decided to try the mashed potato salad which is served cold.

The mashed potato salad was one of the sides that came with the Honey Mustard Chicken set that I had ordered. The Honey Mustard Chicken set came with a small serving of two sides and either fries or buttered rice. This Honey Mustard Chicken set costs $5.90.

The mashed potato salad contains of course, mashed potato, with carrot and celery. It has a pleasantly sweet taste though there is less of the earthy potato taste. Nevertheless, it is worth trying, especially for anyone with a sweet tooth and a liking for mashed potato that is served cold.

With this post, I wish my friend sweet dreams and fond memories.

****
Lava Rock Grill House.
Blk 681 Hougang Avenue 8
#01-853 Guan Soon Cherng Coffeeshop

4 comments:

Doreen said...

I like potato salad but mashed potato salad is new to me. Would love to try it out one day.

kyh said...

wow. i'd love to try this too. looks delicious.

carcar said...

my bf stay hougang ave 8, shall visit this stall one day!

thanks girl!

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: I thought it was interesting too. :)

kyh: It was novel, and has a sweet taste. :)

carcar: Ah, isn't his address confidential? Good that you didn't reveal his full address. It is worth a try though I find the serving a bit on the small end.