Thursday, May 28, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 35



On 2 Apr 2009, I passed by the Seasons Reasons restaurant and noticed that it serves an interesting kind of mashed potato called the cheesy potato.

This cheesy potato is actually fork-mashed potato with grated cheese. Bacon and spring onion were sprinkled on the top-most cheese layer. The cheesy potato will be something that cheese-loving mashed-potato lovers are likely to be delighted with. It is best eaten while it is hot. There is a nicely rich and thick layer of cheese that covers the bottom layer of mashed potato.

Honestly speaking, while the mashed potato was smooth, it was pretty plain, average and of no surprise. What stole the show was the cheese layer. As such, I recommend that this cheesy potato would taste better if the mashed potato layer was eaten together with the cheese layer.

The serving of cheesy potato is rather large for a person. I recommend that this dish be shared between at least two person. Otherwise, one can greatly experience the law of diminshing returns if one were to finish the entire dish on his/her own.

I recommend this cheesy potato for cheese-loving mashed potato lovers. If one were to solely go for the mashed potato and not the cheese, there would be other better options.

This cheesy potato costs $8.50 before taxes. Generally the service is thoughtful.

With this post, I wish my dear friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to: comfort and joy.

***
Seasons Reasons restaurant
252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre
#B1-72/73
Tel @ 6100 0122
Website: http://www.seasonsreasons.com.sg


Updated on 21 Sep 2009: I was at Raffles City Shopping Centre, and found that Seasons Reasons restaurant is no longer at #B1-72/73. Does anyone know where it has moved to?

5 comments:

pinkie said...

oh my! I'm a cheesy person and the pic itself is enuf to entice me! :) it's a good idea to put cheese and mashed potato together, at least for people like me who is not too fond of mashed potato.

Doreen said...

It does look very cheesy, emmmm....probably not quite my cup of tea.

EastCoastLife said...

Wah! Loads of calories! :D

It is too huge for me.

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Ah, now I know you are fond of cheese. This is one of the few cheesy mashed potato that I have come across so far. The other cheesy somewhat mashed potato that I have came across was Botak Jones' cheese potato.

Doreen: I see you are not into too cheesy food. ;)

Eastcoastlife: The portion is indeed huge. It was a challenge for me to finish....

kyh said...

oh my, oh my.... I love big-portion food... and cheese! yum yum!