Saturday, May 09, 2009

A simple way to spend the birthday


8 May 2009: It was yours truly's birthday. My first birthday greeting received on 8 May 2009 came from one of my good friends, XS. Many thanks to the friends who have sent in their well-wishes. All these wishes brightened my day.

The evening before my birthday, my dear maternal grandmother cooked a dinner with care and love. It came with a serving of mashed potato. Since I have already reviewed the mashed potato that my dear grandmother makes in my series of The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, I shall not attempt to review it again in this post.

A few days ago, one of my good friends, Mystic, met up with me for a birthday celebration. She graciously obliged to my request to visit Brotzeit that sells mashed potato. The review will be up in a month's time on this blog. Anyway, here's a preview of Brotzeit's mashed potato:


On 8 May itself this year, I visited the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority to re-register my identity card. There was relatively no queue in the morning in that period of the year so that meant less waiting.

In the afternoon, I went for a walking tour titled Hainan Kopi Tales organised by the Society of Tourist Guides (Singapore). This is a relatively new tour that had started earlier this year. I have learnt quite a bit from the tour. Many thanks to the tour-guide for her personalised tour.




After the tour, I visited the Singapore Flyer to treat myself to Popeye's biscuits.

I must have travelled quite a bit during the day that exhaustion led me to get an early rest for the night.

8 comments:

c a r c a r said...

happy belated birthday to you girl..



*welcome to the club*

oceanskies79 said...

Carcar: Thank you.

pinkie said...

What club? Happy Belated birthday! What a way to spend your birthday! Is the popeye's biscuit nice?

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: It's the club of the thirties....
As for the Popeye's Biscuit, it is quite a subjective thing. You may wish to try it to find out if you like it?

Jammie J. said...

Ahhh, happy belated birthday... I'm so sorry I missed it!

It sounds like you are well-loved and took some quiet time as well. The perfect combination for us INFJ types.

:)

oceanskies79 said...

Jammie: Thank you for your heart-warming wishes. :)
Quiet time does help a lot.

pinkie said...

Club of 30s! Still young! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope you enjoyed yourself.. :)
sg