Sunday, May 03, 2009

Week 18 of year 2009 on the double bass

26 Apr 2009, Sun: The mood for practising needed more encouragement. I worked on two studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One simply to focus on improving intonation and rhythm.

27 Apr 2009, Mon: To coax myself to practice, I worked on a few simpler studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. Afterwhich, I played the third movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major simply to work out my fingers and to get some pleasure from playing.

29 Apr 2009, Wed: After work, I spent about 15 minutes to practise on the double bass. My philosophy to practising is that it is far more productive to practise for 15 minutes on a few different days of each week than to practise 10 hours on just one of the days of the week.

I was not in the mood to practise any works from the examination syllabus for much of the week, and I continued to work on a few studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One.

30 Apr 2009, Thu: The week needs more productivity and better mood. Anyway, I did a few quick study and struggled so much with sight-reading in tenor clef that I had to stop and write out the notes on the staff of the tenor clef.

Prior to that I had played selected passages from the first movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major and the exercise seemed to remind me that I dearly need a lift of my moods and drive. Would it help simply by being patient and hopeful?

1 comment:

EastCoastLife said...

You need a break, to re-charge your energy and passion for the music. :P

Thanks for adorable Joy. :D