Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week 19 of year 2009 on the double bass

3 May 2009, Sun: I began with playing a few studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. When that proved to need more effectiveness, I switched to practising selected passages from Lennox Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro and that gave me a moment of high.

4 May 2009, Mon: It was double bass lesson day. My tutor came to assist me to do some setting up on my instrument. I am impressed by his love for music and the double bass. When he played on the double bass, his rendition simply touched any listener's heart. I wish I could play like that one day.

Much of the lesson was spent working on Capuzzi's Concerto in D major.

7 May 2009, Thu: During the double bass lesson, I worked on Lennox Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. I need much more work to appreciate this piece of composition, and to give an adequate rendition.

Afterwhich, I played Marcello's Sonata in G major. My tutor asked that I should practise this sonata with the metronome on a regular basis.

9 May 2009, Sat: I practised selected passages from the second movement of Marcello's Sonata in G major and the first movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major with the metronome. The aim was to achieve a steady rhythm and a good intonation.

No comments: