Sunday, May 17, 2009

Week 20 of year 2009 on the double bass

10 May 2009, Sun: I practised a few studies from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. I played Faure's Apres Un Reve but felt a lack of affinity to the work during the practice. Hopefully it is just a temporary creative-block.

11 May 2009, Mon: I played Eccles' Sonata in G minor out of pure amusement and leisure. Afterwhich I worked on the first movement of Marcello's Sonata in G major with the metronome so as to work towards achieving a steady rhythm and to, where possible, play the work from memory.

13 May 2009, Wed: Orchestra rehearsal resumed. The orchestra played the first and second movement of Beethoven's Seventh Symphony. I think Beethoven writes beautiful music. I wish I was more technically competent to play his works.

14 May 2009, Thu: Double bass lesson got me to work through the entire Marcello's Sonata in G major. My tutor wanted me to work on technical competency for these few weeks. In addition, I worked on the second movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major. Hopefully I can pick up my confidence in playing the double bass soon enough.

No comments: