Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week 21 of year 2009 on the double bass

17 May 2009, Sun: One of my double basses was sent for repair, and so I practised on my previous double bass. The goal for the session was to have a steady rhythm, and I practised the second movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major with a metronome.

20 May 2009, Wed: My health needed time to recover and I was on medical leave for the day. I took some moment to practise on the double bass. It began with practising a few orchestral excerpts. Afterwhich, time was spent playing Faure's Apres Un Reve. I could play part of this work from memory.

21 May 2009, Thu: During double bass lesson, I worked on sight-reading and it proved to remind me that I need a lot of work in it. I need to work on playing in steady rhythm and to read and play notes written in tenor clef. After the sight-reading exercises, I worked on the first and second movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major.

In the evening, I continued to work on a few sight-reading pieces and realised that I need to improve the way I pitch notes that are written in tenor clef.

22 May 2009, Fri: I practised just a short passage from Dragonetti's Concerto in A major. For much of the practice, I played the passage at slow tempo. Eventually, I increased the tempo so as to play it close to the actual tempo. I wish I could have more inspiration and care.

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

Take care of your health, dear.
The hot weather is not doing us any good too. Keep away from the heat outdoors.

oceanskies79 said...

Thank you Eastcoastlife for your care and concern.