Sunday, May 31, 2009

Week 22 of year 2009 on the double bass

24 May 2009, Sun: I practised the second movement at slow tempo with the metronome. The goal was to improve the intonation.

25 May 2009, Mon: I merely practised scales and open notes on the double bass simply to experience the vibrations of the double bass.

27 May 2009, Wed: I practised the second movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D at a very slow tempo with the metronome at home. Health constraints make it such that I take a break from orchestra rehearsals. I hope I would heal from the trigger finger syndrome. At the same time, I would need to learn ways to deal with remarks that hurt...

28 May 2009, Thu: I practised a study from Bottesini's Method for Double Bass Part One. Time was spent playing the first movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D. It was an energising work. I later got guidance to learn how to give a rendition of quick study more convincingly. It was easier to imagine how the quick study would sound if I sang it before playing. I need more practice.

29 May 2009, Fri: I practised selected passages from the first movement of Marcello's Sonata in G major and Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. The goal was to achieve a steady rhythm and better intonation.

No comments: