Friday, June 05, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 36



In this post, I shall review the roasted garlic mashed potato from Big O Cafe & Restaurant. I visited Wheelock Place on 26 Apr 2009 after attending a concert at the Singapore Botanic Gardens. I found out that Big O Cafe & Restaurant serves mashed potato so I ordered one serving for myself.

This mashed potato has a mild tinge of garlic taste which is more mild than the garlic mashed potato from Breeks! I personally think that the garlic mashed potato from Breeks! has a more flavoursome taste than the roasted garlic mashed potato from Big O Cafe & Restaurant. The roasted garlic mashed potato has a generally creamy texture and wasn't too dry nor too moist.

However, I felt it was rather average in terms of taste. Nevertheless, it was good enough to pass as a side-dish. It was just that it wasn't wonderful enough to be eaten on its own.

The roasted garlic mashed potato from Big O Cafe & Restaurant costs $6 per serving before GST and taxes ($7.05 after taxes and GST). Frankly speaking, one could get better mashed potato from many places at cheaper prices. I think I am unlikely to have mashed potato again from Big O Cafe & Restaurant.

Whatever it is, I wish for my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to: positive and wonderful memories.

**
Big O Cafe & Restuarant
501 Orchard Rd
#02-04/05
Wheelock Place
Singapore 238880
Tel: 67378472

4 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

Big O Cafe has a very yummy chocolate cake! It has a branch at Suntec once. I'm going to go there!

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: Yes, Big O Cafe has very nice cakes. :)

It also carries the chocolate-coated durian cake called Spike-D. It's worth a try.

pinkie said...

It looks dry, what makes it creamy? Butter? It doesn't come with the usual brown sauce eh?

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: There's no brown sauce that comes with the mashed potato.

I think it was the butter that could be added that makes it have a creamy taste.