Friday, June 12, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 37



1 May 2009: One of my friends, ML, gave me a treat to lunch at Miss Clarity Cafe.

I ordered the Garlic Crusted Dory, and asked if I could have mashed potato to go with the Dory. The waiter must be thinking that I had wanted mashed potato as a side. It was out of my expectation that I was served another version of mashed potato which was pretty different from the one that I had on 10 Apr 2009. I figured that the mashed potato that I had with the Garlic Crusted Dory was known as country mash. I was offered the country mash as a side-dish and it costs an additional $2.

The country mash from Miss Clarity Cafe has a crunchy texture. There was bits of diced unmashed potato and diced cauliflower in the mashed potato. Parsley were sprinkled generously over the mashed potato. I like its buttery taste. The country mash was made with thought and care. It is worth a try but I prefer the smooth, creamy texture of the mashed potato from Miss Clarity Cafe that I was served on 10 Apr 2009.

I thank ML for a wonderful lunch treat and her heartwarming company.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts is dedicated to, thoughtful and sincere friends.

***
Address:
Miss Clarity Cafe
5 Purvis St #01-04
Singapore 188584
Tel: 6339 4803
Opening Hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Closed on Sunday.
http://missclaritycafe.com

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

Country mash, I wasn't offred that when I went.

I had mash potato at Popeye's Fried Chicken last week.

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: What did you have when you were at Miss Clarity Cafe?

How did you find the mash potato at Popeye's?