Thursday, June 18, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 38



It was 6 May 2009, Wednesday. I had wanted to continue to search for the best mashed potato in Singapore. One of my friends, Mystic, gladly obliged with my strange request and visited Brotzeit Raffles City to try its mashed potato. I was there just to try its mashed potato. The German word for it is "Kartoffelpuree".

The mashed potato from Brotzeit is generously garnished with fried onion crisp. One could smell the whiff of fried onion fragrance, and that had actually made the mashed potato there a bit more interesting than most other mashed potato that I had sampled. I felt that the fried onion crisp needed to be a little more crispy to suit my preference.

The mashed potato has a buttery, creamy, soft and very fine texture. It was served warm. Mystic prefers if the Brotzeit mashed potato has a stronger potato taste.

The mashed potato from Brotzeit is good enough to try. I won't mind trying the mashed potato from Brotzeit again if I happen to need to catch a meal or a drink from Brotzeit. However, I don't think I will go there specially for the mashed potato.

Each mashed potato costs $5.80 before taxes.

It was my very first time visiting Brotzeit. I learnt that Brotzeit offers quality German beer and authentic Bavarian cuisine. Interestingly, Brotzeit serves German beers that are imported specially from Bavaria and brewed according to the German Purity Law in 1516 (Reinheitsgebot). Interestingly, when I did a quick search over the internet, I learnt that the Reinheitsgebot was introduced in part to prevent price competition with bakers for wheat and rye.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of post is dedicated to: inspirations and lots of interesting learning experiences. And a meaningful birthday filled with lots of blessings.

***
Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant
252 North Bridge Road
#01-17 Raffles City Shopping Centre
Singapore 179103
Tel: (65) 6883 1534
Fax: (65) 6883 1574

Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant
VivoCity, 1 HarbourFront Walk,
#01-149/151
Singapore 098585
Tel: (65) 6272 8815
Fax: (65) 6272 8842

http://www.brotzeit1516.com

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Interesting presentation with the fried onion crisp on top.

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: It is indeed. :)