Sunday, June 07, 2009

Week 23 of year 2009 on the double bass

31 May 2009, Sun: I practised with the metronome the third movement of Marcello's Sonata in G major. The goal was to achieve smooth shifts from one note to another and steady rhythm. Intonation also seemed to be better with the practice.

Prior to that, I worked on a few studies to warm myself up.

1 Jun 2009, Mon: I practised passages from the first and second movements of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major with the metronome. The rhythm is getting more steady.

3 Jun 2009, Wed: At the orchestra rehearsal, it needed quite a lot of concentration for me for the night. I like the Mozart's Violin Concerto that was rehearsed for the night. However, as much as I enjoy Beethoven's Seventh Symphony, playing it with a mind that needed more focus proved to be not as satisfying as I would imagine.

4 Jun 2009, Thu: I practised a selected passage from the first movement of Capuzzi's Concerto D major with the metronome so as to work on the rhythm and intonation. In addition, I worked on sight-reading.

No comments: