Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week 24 of year 2009 on the double bass

7 Jun 2009, Sun: I practised the 3rd and 4th movement of Marcello's Sonata in G major with a metronome. Afterwhich, time was dedicated to play the first page of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major with a metronome.

8 Jun 2009, Mon: I practised selected passages from Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro. I am glad that it is taking some shape.

11 Jun 2009, Thu: I practised on quick study. I was tasked to do a study of an excerpt from , Benjamin Britten's Peter Grimes, Act III for the next two weeks.

I also played a couple of other excerpts from Hartley's Double Bass Solo Book One and Two.

12 Jun 2009, Fri: I played the second movement from Dittersdorf's Second Concerto for Double Bass for the sheer pleasure of it. It got my mind and fingers pretty stimulated.

No comments: