Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 26 of year 2009 on the double bass

21 Jun 2009, Sun: I practised Pachelbel's Canon in D major transcribed for the double bass. It was much easier this piece on my current double bass. At the same time, practice is still essential.

24 Jun 2009, Wed: I practised the first, second and third movement of Marcello's Sonata in G major.

25 Jun 2009, Thu: I practised sight-reading and learnt that I need to improve the way that I execute the bowings and articulation when I sight-read. This is so as to improve the quality of the tone produced. Afterwhich, I practised excerpts from Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

26 Jun 2009, Fri: I practised Canon in D major transcribed for the double bass. I felt good playing it. Afterwhich, time was spent playing the second movement from Dittersdorf's Second Concerto.

No comments: