Friday, July 03, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 40



The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore continues. I received a tip-off from heritage-enthuasiast, Peter, to check out Botak Jones' cheese potato.

Following the tip-off, on 15 May 2009 I tried Botak Jones' cheese potato. This was said by the staff of Botak Jones to be Botak Jones' closest version to the mashed potato. I ordered a regular plate of Fish & Chips which costs $7 per plate. It comes with two sides. I chose of course the cheese potato and the coleslaw.

This chunky tasting cheese potato bears a tinge of aroma and taste of cheese. One can find bits of potato chunks in it. It has a rather gluey texture. It has its merits on its own.

I may not go back specially to Botak Jones to eat the cheesy potato since it doesn't seem to be offered on its own. Furthermore, I prefer the cheese potato to be served at a warmer temperature. Nevertheless, I could consider ordering the cheese potato as one of the sides the next few times that I eat at Botak Jones. It is quite a delightful choice compared to the usual fried fries.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of mashed potato posts were dedicated to, a carefree and enthusiastic spirit.

****
Where to find Botak Jones outlets in Singapore:
http://www.botakjones.com

2 comments:

pinkie said...

so the mashed potato is not really mashed but chunky? Geez, something different. I think I will like that :) thanks for sharing.

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: It is more of a chunky, gluey texture rather than mashed and soft. If you should try it, share with me your views on it. Afterall, I think I am at times a biased reviewer of mashed potato because I use my grandma's mashed potato as my yardstick. ;)