Thursday, July 16, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 42



On 2 May 2009 (Sat), I visited the Changi International Airport. I noticed that one of the stalls, specifically the Western Food stall, at Changi Airport Terminal Three, Basement Two Mall, Kopitiam (Kopi @ Terminal 3) Food Court, sells mashed potato. Being on the hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, it became so natural for me to order a serving of the mashed potato to do a review.

This mashed potato is sold at $1.50 per serving. The mashed potato was average and just palatable. The texture of the mashed potato was worse than average for my liking. As for the brown sauce, it did not quite bring out the flavour of the mashed potato. In fact, it gave an aftertaste that I had found too peppery and undelightful to my liking.

I don't think I would go back to this stall to have mashed potato again. It is just below average.

Anyway, I shall continue to send heart-warming thoughts to my friend to whom this series of posts was dedicated to.

I wish this friend of mine the faith and humour to deal with the times when things have yet to turn out right.

***
Where to find this stall?:

Changi Airport Terminal Three
Basement Two Mall
Kopitiam (Kopi @ Terminal 3) Food Court
No. 65 Airport Boulevard.

3 comments:

Doreen said...

It looks more like a scoop of ice-cream (coffee flavour?) than mashed potato!

pinkie said...

Errr... this mashed potato looks fake... huh ok, looks kinda like scoop of ice cream with caramel ...

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks ladies for your comments. I was so caught up in tasting the mashed potato, I have not put much thought about how the mashed potato had looked. Come to think of it, yes, it looked a bit like a scoop of ice-cream rather than mashed potato.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. What matters is that the blessings from this post find their way to the person that I have dedicated them to.