Thursday, July 23, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 43



It was 6 Jun 2009 and I was at Plaza Singapura. I ordered what was known to be one of Hot Tomato Express' specialities: The Roast Spring Chicken (Half). This comes with lettuce, corn and mashed potato, and costs $7.90 before taxes. The mashed potato would costs $2.50 before tax if ordered on its own.

Hot Tomato Express' mashed potato has a soft and smooth texture. It comes with brown sauce that has a dash of herb-like flavour. The flake-like soft texture of the mashed potato makes me wonder if it was made from mashed potato flakes with water added? Whatever it is, although I find the taste of the mashed potato from Hot Tomato Express pretty average, it fared better than the Maggi mashed potato from Chippy British Take-Away because of a comparatively better tasting brown gravy.

I won't come back specially to eat the mashed potato from Hot Tomato Express. However, I won't mind ordering it if I were to eat at Hot Tomato Express with my friend to whom this series of mashed potato posts is dedicated to.

The mashed potato did complement the roast spring chicken. Actually, the speciality roast spring chicken was just average. The corn was overdone. What had brought me delight was the lettuce with its zesty and refreshing dressing.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of posts was dedicated to: the passion to live life fully.

***
Hot Tomato Express
Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road
#B2-40
Singapore 28839
Tel: 6341 9162
Operating Hours: 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.

No comments: