Thursday, July 30, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 43


I met up with one of my good friends, Mystic, on 10 Jun 2009 (Wed)and she obliged with my hunt for the best mashed potato yet again (even though the hunt was not dedicated to Mystic).

We ended up at Outback Steakhouse. This restaurant generally has good air ventilation and that greatly pleased yours truly. I ordered a plate of BBQ Quarter Chicken. It came with coleslaw and garlic mashed potato. The BBQ Quarter Chicken costs $20.90 before taxes. The mashed potato if ordered on its own would costs $8.90 before tax.




The mashed potato contains bits of cleaned mashed potato skin. The mashed potato has a refined, buttery, smooth and creamy texture that delights. It was a little on the salty side, yet the texture and generally delightful taste makes up for it. It is not oily.

The ambience of Outback Steakhouse makes me remind of Australia, and it does have a "No Worries" feel to it. I suppose this is the "Let go" mantra that the people in Australia subscribe to? Furthermore, I have one good friend to dine with, and the company makes the dinner more delightful.

So all these makes it a rewarding time to taste the mashed potato, and makes the mashed potato here an above-average mashed potato. I won't mind coming back again with a good friend to try the mashed potato.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom the series of posts were dedicated to: freedom and blessings to live out her destiny.

****
Outback Steakhouse - Singapore:
Millenia Walk
9 raffles Boulevard
Time2 @ Millenia Walk
Telephone: (65) 68373242

Store Hours:
Mon-Fri: 11:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. (Daily)
Sat-Sun: 11:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.

3 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

I have always wanted to go to Outback Steak House. Now there's more reason to visit it. :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog abt mash potato.

Glad to find one who love mash potato.

Seems like most of your post are from western stall or cafe.

Have u try asian cafe at amk hub selling baked potato and potato farmland at yishun?

I find them quite value for money.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Anonymous,

The thing is that I am writing this post to dedicate blessings and good will to a good friend. I hope some of the blessings get shared with you too. :)

I have good feelings towards mash potato as my dear grandmother introduced me to her delicious mash potato made with lots of love when I was a child.

I have tried the Asian Cafe at AMK Hub selling baked mashed potato. It was novel, and I had a review on it.

Thanks for sharing about the Potato Farmland at Yishun. I don't know about it until I've read your comments. I searched and found that it's at Blk 239 Yishun Ring Road #01-1152, Singapore, is it? I will find the time to check it out.