Friday, August 21, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 46



2 Jun 2009 (Thu): Mashed potato from SOUPerlicious!

I passed by Suntec City and came across SOUPerlicious! This food establishment is known to sell soups, salads and sandwiches. Those were not what had attracted me to step into SOUPerlicious. It was the mashed potato! The very reason was that I was keeping my fingers crossed to get closer to finding the best mashed potato in Singapore.

The mashed potato from SOUPerlicious! that I tried had rather inconsistent texture. Some part felt as if the mashed potato had 'clumped' together. The waitress brought the pre-cooked mashed potato to heat up in the microwave oven after I have placed my order. This makes the mashed potato piping hot, so please be careful when eating it. The mashed potato from this establishment is rather below average. I would think it would be one of my last time eating the mashed potato from this establishment. The brown sauce that went with the mashed potato was a little on the salty side but it was bearable. Each full bowl of mashed potato costs $2.90 before GST and taxes.

The soup stole the show. At the very least, the soup tasted better than the mashed potato. I won't go there specifically for the mashed potato again. Anyway, this post is not intended to review the soup, so I won't do so here.

For folks who wish to know me better, I had a strong love for soup when I was a teenager. My maternal grandmother lived in the same household as me back then and she often prepared clear soups several times a week. Many of the soups that are available from food establishments can't compare to the soup that my grandmother makes since her soups are made with lots of care and love.

With this post, I wish my friend whom I dedicated this series of posts to: kins and friends who love her unconditionally.

***
Where to find SOUPerlicious!
3 Temasek Boulevard #01-152, Suntec City Mall.

2 comments:

tuti said...

you are a dedicated friend, py.
i wish the person to whom this series is dedicated to, lots of sunshiny days and good health.

oceanskies79 said...

Thank you very much tuti for your wishes to my friend. :)