Sunday, August 09, 2009

Week 32 of year 2009 on the double bass

2 Aug 2009, Sun: I put on new strings on my double bass. I practised Faure's Apres Un Reve. The goal was to achieve a warm, singing tone while playing on the new set of Pirastro Original Flat Chrome strings.

3 Aug 2009, Mon: I practised Faure's Sicilienne as I was in the mood to play anything that would be outside my exams' programme.

5 Aug 2009, Wed: I worked on Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro other than working on some quick studies.

6 Aug 2009, Thu: During the double bass lesson, I worked on Faure's Apres Un Reve to focus on improving the intonation. Of course, working on quick studies and sight-reading remained one of the things to do for the practice.

8 Aug 2009, Sat: I practised the first movement of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major with the metronome in the morning. The goal was to improve rhythm. Sight-reading was another component of my practices these days.

In the evening, I practised Marcello's Sonata in G major. More work is needed to improve the intonation.

**
May each practice be good enough to lead me towards my goal of improving my musicality.

No comments: