Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week 33 of year 2009 on the double bass

9 Aug 2009, Sun: I started the practice with practising studies. Afterwhich, I worked on the first and second movements of Capuzzi's Concerto in D major

10 Aug 2009, Mon: In the hope to improve intonation, I started with practising studies. There are a lot of fundamentals to work on. I practised Marcello's Sonata in G major, Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro and Faure's Apres Un Reve.

12 Aug 2009, Wed: I spent some time marking the various positions on my double bass. The goal was to help me be familiarised with my instrument. I practised Faure's Apres Un Reve. Marking the positions did help with the intonation to some extent. I also worked on selected movements from the Marcello's Sonata in G major.

13 Aug 2009, Thu: In the morning, I worked on Capuzzi's Concerto in D major. Subsequently, I worked on Faure's Apres Un Reve and Marcello's Sonata in G major.

During my double bass lesson, the time was spent working on Capuzzi's Concerto in D major.

15 Aug 2009, Sat: I worked on sight-reading and needed more work on it! I requested that my tutor could let me work on the fundamentals especially after the exams because that seemed the way to improve my musicianship for I was in need of working on the fundamentals. I also worked on Capuzzi's Concerto in D major, Faure's Apres Un Reve and part of Berkeley's Introduction and Allegro.

My tutor reminded me that the frequency of the vibrato should match the vibration of the bowed strings that the vibrato was played on. More work to be done. I shall consciously choose to remind myself to be kind to myself, yet to constantly strive for precision in rhythm, clarity in articulation and musicality. Wish me all the best please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish you clarity and peace, PY.
all the best in whatever you do.
-misti

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks a lot misti. I greatly appreciate your wishes and support.