Thursday, September 10, 2009

The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore, part 49



The hunt for the best mashed potato in Singapore continues. This time (on 14 Jun 2009), I chanced upon a stall in (Clementi) City Vibe building that sells mashed potato with cheese. The name of the stall is Fromage. I don't know French, but my online searches informed me that "Fromage" means "cheese" in French.

The mashed potato from Fromage is topped with a fairly generous serving of cheese. The mashed potato with cheese has a spicy tinge to it. Actually, the texture of the mashed potato was too much on the liquid side for me. I find the mashed potato having too much liquid and a less than average taste if eaten on its own. Yet the cheese layer stole the show. The mashed potato was merely playing a supporting role to the cheese.

Considering that this mashed potato with cheese is of a modest serving, it actually helps customers enjoy the rich flavour of the cheese with the soft mashed potato without getting too full by the last scoop. Cheese lovers who like mashed potato may find this worth a try.

To be honest, I would prefer the more refined cheese and mashed potato taste of the cheesy potato from Seasons Reasons restaurant. Yet, this mashed potato with cheese from Fromage is likely to have a stronger mass appeal because of its more affordable price and modest serving.

Compared to the mashed potato from Chippy British Take Away, the mashed potato with cheese from Fromage has a much better cheese sauce to go with the mashed potato.

On my end, I may not try this mashed potato with cheese for the second time. Anyway, cheese lovers can find a fairly affordable range of food with cheese at Fromage. One of the items that can be found is the deep-fried cheese coated with bread crumbs (not found in this photo of course).

Each serving of mashed potato with cheese from Fromage costs $2.90.

With this post, I wish my friend to whom this series of post is dedicated to: a meaningful adventure while realising one's destiny.

***
Fromage
(Clementi) City Vibe
3151 Commonwealth West Ave #01-K4
Singapore 129581.
(Nearest MRT station: Clementi)

This is a halal food-establishment.

2 comments:

EastCoastLife said...

It comes in a paper box?
I like cheese itself, I have not tried mashed potato with cheese. I don't know if I would like the combination. :P

oceanskies79 said...

It comes in a container that looks like a paper cup. You may wish to check it out and see if you like it.